Wednesday, September 30, 2009

lost count

I have decided that I love the third trimester. This has come as a relief, because I HATED the first two trimesters. I am sorry to be negative- but honestly, I was feeling like I was growing more of a large tapeworm from Brasil rather than a baby. I didn't know it was possible to throw up so many times. But I guess with suffering grows love, right? And let me tell you, I am quite attached to little Maggie already.

Here I am at ..... something weeks. I don't know, I lost count. It doesn't even help to count months because the whole idea of being pregnant for 9 months is wrong... its actually longer.. almost 10 months.... so let me just tell you my due date: December fourth. This last part has really gone fast, and I think the rest of it will go even faster. (please excuse poor quality of photo..)


Here are some funny things I have found about my pregnancy:

1. First 2 trimesters I LOVED baked potatoes, spaghetti, coca cola, mexican food, and scrambled eggs. Actually, eggs any old way... and that was about it. Any other food- including water- made me sick.

2. In deadly revenge from not having consumed any sugar for 6 months- right now I cannot get enough of chocolate. I have never craved chocolate like this in my life. Oh that and frozen waffles. Thankfully, I have returned to eating curry as well (my staple dish!)

3. Maggie has the hiccups all the time. At least once or twice a day, for about 10-15 minutes. It is quite funny, but I feel bad for her- she is so little and it seems to shake her whole body. I guess she takes after me.. we all know I have a problem with hiccups.

4. My already bad memory seems to have gotten worse. I forget things even more often than usual, which is scary. For example... I can't remember what else I was going to write about on this post. I only made it to point four... I was pretty sure there were other things.

There you have it. There isn't any more. Well, anymore that I can remember...

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you look GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see what little Maggie looks like. By the way I watched North & South with my mom the other day and missed you terribly! I am hoping to get out to Utah next year to visit family and friends and will want to see you! luvs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are officially the most beautiful pregnant woman. please can i look like you one day?!

    love you. can't wait to see you and maggie in december :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad it's gotten better and that we've been able to spend so much time together! i can't wait till she joins us on the outside! (: and live up the chocolate craze while you can.. (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love feeling babies hiccup while still in utero.

    so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That due date is coming up fast. You look great Mel, and yes, all the pain and suffering is worth it once you are holding that precious baby in your arms. Good luck this last trimester and w/ the delivery. Can't wait to see what your little Maggie looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to eggs and Mexican Food. You look fabulous my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. counting weeks is for amateurs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, you look so cute! I can totally sympathize with going brain dead while being pregnant. And sorry to say, it doesn't get any better once you have a baby as well! Shoot! The ONLY craving I had while pregnant with Ethan was Mexican food which is super rare around here. Why couldn't it have been chocolate or something more accessible?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay seriously you look fantastic! I mean you actually make me want to be pregnant so I can be as cute as you! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online